What is Dermol 500 Lotion?
Dermol 500 lotion is an antimicrobial and emollient which aids in softening and moisturising dry skin, especially when you’re suffering from conditions such as eczema or dermatitis. It helps to moisturise dry skin and prevent symptoms like itching and can be used in people of all ages as an emollient or as a substitute for irritating soaps.
What is Dermol 500 lotion used for?
You can use this product in two ways either as a leave-on application or as a soap-substitute. This product can be used to treat dry and itchy skin conditions and can be used in all age groups including babies.
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w).
Other ingredients included are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water.
- Do not use Dermol 500 Lotion if you are allergic to benzalkonium chloride, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, liquid paraffin, isopropyl myristate, or any of the other ingredients of Dermol 500 Lotion
- Use it only on the skin. and ensure you use this product on a regular basis and as often as required.
- Turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it and press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
For use as a leave-on application
- Apply Dermol 500 Lotion to the affected areas.
- Gently smooth into the skin.
- If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
- Reapply as often as required.
For use as a soap substitute
- Use Dermol 500 Lotion to wash with instead of your ordinary soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products.
- After washing, bathing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
Please ensure you read the patient information leaflet prior to use