Amorolfine is an effective medicinal treatment for mild fungal infections which can be used in adults aged 18 years and over.
Amorolfine contains amorolfine which penetrates the nail, kills the fungus and prevents further infection spreading.
Fungal nail infections are common. They’re not serious but they can take a long time to treat. Fungal nail infections usually affect your toenails but you can get them on your fingernails too.
The infection usually starts at the edge of the nail. They often then spread to the middle in which the nail becomes discoloured and lifts off. The nail becomes brittle and pieces can break off. It can cause pain and swelling in the skin around your nail.
Active Ingredients: Curanail contains 5% w/v Amorolfine.
Also contains: Ammonio Methacrylate Copolymer A, Triacetin, Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate and Ethanol.
File down your nail
Cleanse your nail
Apply the treatment
Let it dry for 3 minutes
Nail varnish may be applied after 10 minutes
Use once a week until the infection has cleared and healthy nail has grown back.
Treatment time: 6 months for fingernails and 9-12 months for toenails.
Do not use Curanail and speak to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- you are allergic to amorolfine or any of the other ingredients in this medicine (see the Package Leaflet)
- you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding
- your nail is moderately or severely damaged or infected
- you have poor blood circulation in your hands or feet
- you have pain or swelling around the nail
- you have more than 2 infected nails
- you have a weak immune system
- you are under the age of 18
- you have diabetes