Orlos is used for weight loss alongside reduced calorie, lower-fat meals in overweight (BMI 28 or above) adults, aged 18 or over.
Orlos is clinically proven to help you lose more weight than dieting alone. The capsules work only in your digestive system to stop about a quarter of the fat in your meals being absorbed. This fat passes out of your body and may cause changes to your bowel movements. Eat lower-fat meals to help manage these effects.
Take one capsule whole with water, three times a day with each main meal containing fat.
Do not take more than three capsules a day.
You should take a multivitamin (containing vitamins A, D, E and K) once a day, at bedtime.
You should not take Orlos for more than six months.
Do not use:
- If you are under 18 years old
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- If you are taking Ciclosporin
- If you are taking Warfarin or any other medicines used to thin the blood
- If you are allergic to Orlistat or any of the ingredients
- If you have Cholestasis (condition where the flow of bile from the liver is blocked)
- If you have problems absorbing food (Chronic Malabsorption Syndrome)
Talk to your doctor before taking Orlos:
- If you are taking Amiodarone for heart rhythm problems
- If you are taking a medicine for Diabetes
- If you are taking a medicine for Epilepsy
- If you are taking medicines for depression, psychiatric disorders or anxiousness
- If you have kidney disease
- If you are taking a thyroid medicine (Levothyroxine)
- If you are taking medicines for HIV
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist when taking Orlos:
- If you are taking a medicine for high blood pressure
- If you are taking a medicine for high cholesterol
Active ingredient: Orlistat 60mg.
Also contains: Capsule filling: Microcrystalline Cellulose (E460), Sodium Starch Glycolate (Type A), Silica Colloidal Anhydrous, Sodium Laurilsulfate, Capsule Shell: Gelatin, Titanium Dioxide (E171), Indigo Carmine (E132).