NeilMed Sinus Rinse is a treatment for sinus infections and nasal irritation. It provides relief from the symptoms of sinusitis, including headache, excessive mucous production, nasal congestion and facial pressure.
The NeilMed Sinus Rinse system is one of the simplest and safest ways to start sinus irrigation. The premixed sachets and easy-to-use bottle with a flexible spout make it simple to clear your sinuses safely and effectively.
This blog post will discuss how NeilMed sinus rinse works and what you need to know before using NeilMed’s premixed solution.
What are the symptoms of a sinus infection?
A sinus infection is a common condition that can affect your nose, eyes and forehead. Sinuses are air-filled cavities in the walls of your skull near the nasal passages. They produce mucous to help keep their lining moist and prevent bacteria from entering them.
A sinus infection occurs when there’s an inflammation or blockage in these delicate membranes. This often happens after suffering from a cold or flu, as the excess mucus and blockage irritate the membranes.
Some people get sinus infections after a cold or flu, while others suffer more often than this. During the winter months, some people might feel that they always have a sinus infection.
How can NeilMed Sinus Rinse for sinus infection help?
The NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle and solution is a modern neti pot that is very safe and easy to use. You simply fill a bottle with water and a salt solution and then place it in one nostril. When you tilt your head, the fluid passes through your nostrils and helps to clear blockages.
The saline solution gently clears blockages and helps to relieve the pressure on your sinuses. The solution also clears out any bacteria, helping to decrease the number of bacteria in your nasal passages. And finally, this method also helps to clear out irritants. Individuals may also use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse for conditions like hayfever or post-nasal drip.
How to use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse
- Start by washing your hands.
- Fill the Sinus Rinse bottle with lukewarm water and place it on a flat surface.
- Open a sachet of the pre-mixed solution and add this to the water. Swirl the bottle to make sure everything is dissolved.
- Lean over the sink and tilt your head forward. Your mouth should be open, but don’t hold your breath.
- Place the nozzle against one nostril and gently squeeze the bottle. You should feel the water start to run out of the opposite nostril. Some may drain from your mouth.
- Blow your nose gently and then move to the opposite nostril
- Wash your NeilMed Sinus Rinse bottle and nozzle thoroughly after use. Allow it to air dry naturally. Make sure you replace your bottle every three months or sooner if you notice signs of wear.
How often can I use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse?
When you have a sinus infection, it is recommended that you use your NeilMed Sinus Rinse for sinus infection up to four times per day.
Things to know about the NeilMed Sinus Rinse
- Always blow your nose gently between irrigations. This will help to prevent the solution from getting in your ears. If it does get in your ears, you may have some discomfort, but it should pass in a short time.
- Nasal irrigation is safe for most people and will not cause any harm to the nose.
- The NeilMed Sinus Rinse is also great for sinus problems such as post-nasal drip, which can make it difficult to sleep at night. It’s also excellent for clearing allergens from the nose. It can be used as a hayfever or allergy treatment.
- Individuals can use the NeilMed Sinus Rinse alongside other treatment methods prescribed by their physician. Using this alongside treatments such as Sudafed can help to clear your sinus infection faster and reduce irritation.
- NeilMed refill packages are available, so you don’t have to purchase a new bottle every time.
Need sinus relief medication without leaving the house? We can help. Our online pharmacy is stocked with cold, flu and sinus infection remedies to help you feel better soon.