Dry eyes are a common problem that many people face at some point in their lives. Hylo Care eye drops can provide the intensive therapeutic care you need to alleviate symptoms when eye ointments just aren’t an option.
Symptoms of Dry Eyes
Dry eyes are very uncomfortable and symptoms usually affect both eyes. Some people experience this problem in particular environments, such as on aeroplanes or in air-conditioned buildings. For others, certain activities bring on symptoms; riding a bike or working for long hours at a computer screen, for example.
Common symptoms of dry eyes include:
- A stinging or burning sensation
- Increased sensitivity to light
- A “gritty” feeling in the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Stringy mucus
- Discomfort wearing contact lenses
- Watery eyes.
Causes of Dry Eyes
Dry eyes occur when the eyes aren’t adequately lubricated due to insufficient tears. This can be a result of the eyes not producing enough tears, increased tear evaporation or the production of poor quality tears.
Tears are made of water, fatty oils and mucus. They are essential for proper eye health. They protect the eyes from infection and keep the surface of the eyes clear.
Dry eyes have several possible causes:
- Ageing — people over the age of 50 have a higher risk of developing dry eyes.
- Medical conditions — such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, Sjogren’s syndrome, thyroid disorders and vitamin A deficiency.
- Wearing contact lenses.
- Looking at computer screens for a long time.
- Spending long periods in air-conditioned or heated environments.
- Certain medications — such as antihistamines and hormone replacement therapy.
- Laser eye surgery — dry eye symptoms are often only temporary after this procedure.
- Damage to the tear glands — by radiation or inflammation, for example.
- Exposure to particular environments — such as windy, cold, dry or dusty places.
Can Dry Eyes Damage your Eyesight?
If left untreated, dry eyes can lead to several complications that could damage your eyesight.
Tears keep infections at bay by keeping the eyes free from dirt and bacteria. Inadequate tears, whatever the cause, will increase the risk of an infection developing. These are often minor and treatable but may be uncomfortable and could cause more permanent damage if ignored.
Severe dry eyes can cause inflammation that damages the surface of the eye resulting in vision problems and, potentially, corneal ulcers (a serious problem that can lead to loss of vision or blindness unless treated).
Even if you’re lucky enough to escape further damage to the eyes and compromised eyesight, leaving dry eyes untreated will prevent you from performing everyday tasks and enjoying life to the full.
Treating Dry Eyes with Hylo Care
Hylo Care eye drops provide intensive therapeutic care for dry eyes. The active ingredients are sodium hyaluronate and dexpanthenol.
Sodium hyaluronate provides optimal, long-lasting lubrication to the eye. It can hold multiple times its weight in water and creates a stable covering over the eye, providing the lubrication necessary to alleviate symptoms and prevent dry eyes recurring. Dexpanthenol improves wound healing due to its lubricating properties.
Hylo Care is a preservative-free product that restores the cornea’s natural protective barrier. These high-quality eye drops are also phosphate-free. Phosphates can be found in many different brands of eye drops but can cause further damage to dry eyes.
Hylo Care drops are applied using the patented COMOD device that prevents contamination and therefore reduces the risk of infection and irritation. Hylo Care is easy to apply and compatible with contact lenses.
Are you suffering from itching, burning, and sore dry eyes? Buy Hylo Care eye drops today and stop dry eye pain and symptoms in their tracks.