Atrauman AG Silver Dressing
Silver-containing ointment dressings made of hydrophobic polyamide lattice tulle, with fibres coated with elemental silver; they have a micro-biological effect against gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria; impregnated with a neutral ointment mass without additives of vaseline or other paraffins; permeable to exudate, particularly soft and good drapable, does not stick to the wound; even effective during long-term use and they are neither sensitising nor allergising and have a micro-biological effect for at least 7 days.
The ointment mass contains:
Ester mixture of natural or vegetable fatty acids, bound as di- and triglycerides, Macrogol 2000.
Atrauman AG is used for atraumatic wound treatment in all phases of healing, e.g. for cuts, lacerations, abrasions, leg ulcers, pressure sores, burns, scalds, acid burns, radiation burns, abscesses, boils, carbuncles, panaritia, for covering donor and recipient sites in skin grafting following plastic and cosmetic surgery, nail extraction, phimosiectomy, etc. The non-medicated ointment base makes Atrauman AG also suitable in dermatology, in the treatment of patients with sensitive skin.
– Impregnated with Silver
– Pore size 1mm
– Prevents granulation tissue from penetrating the dressing
– Impregnated with Neutral Triglycerides (Fatty Acids)
– Does not contain Vaseline or Paraffin, leaving the wound residue free Keeps wound edges soft and supple, avoiding contraction of scar tissue
– Enhances non-adherent properties minimising pain and trauma on removal
– Hydrophobic polyester fibres
– Permits the passage of exudate and air