Solpadeine Max Soluble tablets offer short-term pain relief for acute moderate pain. When other painkillers are not working alone, these soluble tablets may offer some relief. These tablets are commonly used for migraine, headache, period pain, backache, dental pain, sprains, strains, arthritic and rheumatic pain and sciatica.
These tablets combine three active ingredients to help alleviate your pain; paracetamol, codeine and caffeine. The paracetamol relieves your pain symptoms, the codeine blocks the pain signal and the caffeine helps to speed up the absorption of the paracetamol. Many users find that this combination pain reliever gets to work 2x faster than paracetamol alone.
These water-soluble Solpadeine Max Tablets are very easy to use. They must be fully dissolved in water before drinking the solution. These tablets are only suitable for adults and children over the age of 12. Take 2 tablets dissolved in half a tumbler of water every 4 hours as required. You may take up to 8 tablets in 24 hours, but you should not use Solpadeine Max Tablets for longer than 3 days.
Codeine is an opiate, which means it can be addictive. If you continue taking these tablets for longer than three days, you may experience some irritability or restlessness when you stop using them. Solpadeine Max Soluble Tablets should only be used for short-term pain relief, for up to three days. If your symptoms persist, see a doctor.
You should see a doctor before taking this product if you are pregnant, have severe liver or kidney disease, or if you are taking the following medications:
- Metoclopramide or domperidone – used to treat nausea and vomiting.
- Cholestyramine – used to treat high cholesterol.
- Medicines prescribed for depression (MAOIs).
- Anticoagulants (drugs to thin the blood e.g. warfarin) and you need to take a painkiller on a daily basis over a long period.
- Active ingredients: paracetamol 500 mg, codeine phosphate hemihydrate 12.8 mg and caffeine 30 mg.
- Other ingredients: sorbitol (E 420), sodium saccharin, sodium bicarbonate, sodium lauryl sulfate, citric acid, sodium carbonate, polyvidone and dimeticone.
- 32 water-soluble tablets
- Dissolve 2 tablets in half a tumbler of water and drink. You can take Solpadeine Max Soluble Tablets every 4 hours, but do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours. Do not use for longer than 3 days.